Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] a little help please

Adrian Oates aoates@newsguy.com
Wed, 28 Nov 2001 01:23:37 -0800 (PST)

At Tue, 27 Nov 2001 15:34:38 -0600, you wrote

>> I am one of the poms at the back!  Well, up the side anyway.
>> That was my very
>> first Oils concert (it was at Wembley Arena)
>
>The Oils played at Wembley ? Far out.
>
>Was that their own show or were they part of a large rock  festival ?
>
>How big was the audience ?

Vince,

The Oils played Wembley Arena (which is the indoor venue next door to the more
famous Stadium) as their own show.  Hunters & Collectors were the support and
helped out MO with any brass instruments needed!

I don't know what the capacity is but the place was full up.  It's a huge
venue, size and atmosphere of a large aircraft hanger.  Not long before Beds
was a top 10 hit here so they really managed to fill it because of that,  but
the tour was to promote Blue Sky Mining.

It was a good intro to live MO for me but when they have returned subsequently
they have played venues which are a quarter of the size and so much more
intimate.  It's a dilemma,  I'd love to see them more popular in the UK but
then they would have to play bigger venues and you couldn't be an airborne
drum stick or stray bead of sweat away from them...

Can't wait until they come back next year!

Adrian.