Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Oily mentions

Tari, Vince fstariv1@nmhg.com
Sat, 17 Nov 2001 18:29:35 -0600

A couple of Oils bits in Sydney's Sunday Telegraph newspaper today......

1. Newly crowned world no.1 tennis player Lleyton Hewitt's favourite band is
the Oils. That's good taste for a 20 year old !!

2. In the Sunday magazine, PG is asked for his opinion on the tribute album
;

"Any artist would be flattered. We've always been in our own space & time
dimensions, just chundering along being the Oils.

We were never in it to ride the charts or go out in a blaze of glory. We
just wanted to connect with a suburb, & the sounds & culture of our country.
We've had our days in the wilderness & we've had our days in the sun.

As a band we've never been prepared to churn & burn, just to get the riff in
the right place & bang it out again"

Later,
Vince