Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Seattle Show

nina ninajill73@hotmail.com
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 09:36:18 -0500

on 11/15/01 7:57 PM, Hummusman@aol.com at Hummusman@aol.com wrote:

> A great and unexpected moment came when Peter singled out some guy near the
> front and said something to the effect of:  "You, the tall gentleman with the
> long curly hair (at which point the guy raises his arms and shouts in victory
> like he's expecting praise), you are what where we come from is called, an
> 'asshole'".  I think everyone was surprised at how direct Peter was, though it
> was great to hear.  I mean, he went on and on about the guy being a jerk to
> some girl next to him, and warned, "you've got one more chance, and then
> you're out on the sidewalk on your ears".  I thought it was wonderful how
> Peter could be so "harsh" while not damaging the festive mood.

so what was the guy doing that pissed peter off so much?? funny story - you
know that guy was getting all excited at first, thinking peter was going to
say something nice to him!

-n

and as someone else mentioned - 2 full hours of play time - 3 encores??!!!
no fair!!! we didn't get that much at the north east shows :(