Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Tribute Album - Good or bad idea ?

LLOYD_Ian@canon.com.au LLOYD_Ian@canon.com.au
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 08:50:34 +1100

I not going to buy it!
After all who can do an Oils song better than the Oils?
It would be second rate and who wants to listen to second rate when you can listen to the real
thing. (no pun intended)

Regards,

IAN LLOYD - National Sales Admin. Team Leader
CANON - Business Imaging Solutions Group
Level 2, 1 Thomas Holt Drive, North Ryde 2113
PH: (02) 9805 2384
FAX: 1800 352227
E-MAIL: lloyd_ian@canon.com.au

                    "Tari, Vince"
                    <fstariv1@NMHG.com>            To:     "'Powderworks'"
                    Sent by:                       <powderworks@cs.colorado.edu>
                    powderworks-admin@cs.co        cc:
                    lorado.edu                     Subject:     [Powderworks] Tribute Album - Good
                                                   or bad idea ?

                    14/11/2001 17:32

After hearing the Oils tribute album a few times now, I was interested in
hearing what the fellow workers' thoughts are on it.

IMHO, i've got mixed feelings.

Hearing SFK's Dreamworld, Frenzal's TDH, Bodyjar's Borderline and Waylayd's
Hercules (which is almost an exact replica instrumentally speaking) was
great. Their versions were true to the originals and were tastefully
covered.

On the other hand, I found that the Gurge's Stand in line, McCormack's P&TP
and Augie March's Beds, gave me a sick feeling in my stomach. I know they
each have their own style, but think they showed a degree of self indulgence
& disrespect in their "tributes" to the Oils' tracks they covered.

Cheers,
Vince