Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Re: New member

Serandipitey@aol.com Serandipitey@aol.com
Sun, 11 Nov 2001 19:30:00 EST

--part1_a2.1c4f8fd8.29207208_boundary

Hi! :)
Nice to meet you. I'm pretty new here too, although a long time fan of the
oils as well. The first concert I saw was in Montreal last month- it was
amazing. Can't wait for them to come back.
That's interesting that your views have been shaped by Peter Garrett.
I remember in 1993, not long after I first heard their music, I was on a
family vacation on Vancouver Island. At the same time there was a lot of
protests going on regarding the logging of Clayoquot Sound, and MO came out
to support the protesters. Being a budding environmentalist at the time that
really impressed me and has stayed with me since.
Anyway, I'll stop rambling...look forward to talking to you.

Varina

--part1_a2.1c4f8fd8.29207208_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>Hi! :)
<BR>Nice to meet you. I'm pretty new here too, although a long time fan of the oils as well. The first concert I saw was in Montreal last month- it was amazing. Can't wait for them to come back.
<BR>That's interesting that your views have been shaped by Peter Garrett.
<BR>I remember in 1993, not long after I first heard their music, I was on a family vacation on Vancouver Island. At the same time there was a lot of protests going on regarding the logging of Clayoquot Sound, and MO came out to support the protesters. Being a budding environmentalist at the time that really impressed me and has stayed with me since.
<BR>Anyway, I'll stop rambling...look forward to talking to you.
<BR>
<BR>Varina</FONT></HTML>

--part1_a2.1c4f8fd8.29207208_boundary--