Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] old news in a high traffic area

Jess chosarou@yahoo.com
Sat, 10 Nov 2001 15:06:31 -0800 (PST)

Hey guys.
  I've had a really hectic past few weeks... But have
just a few things to add to the northeast concert
reviews-

so...
 Friday I bought a house.
Saturday I spent moving boxes & boxes & furniture.
 Sunday I went to the spectrum in Montreal & a lovely
time was had by all.
    It was a very enthusiastic audience up there.. I
learned that the Oils DO have a hardcore following who
are WITHOUT computers :) I was standing RIGHT at the
base of Peter's mic stand (holy purple phase tape,
Batman!) And if you were upset by being hit by the
sweat in Boston, Sena, you would have needed an
umbrella had you been up front in Montreal.
 Monday my best buddy went to the horsepistol to have
her latest baby boy- high risk pregnancy, induced
labor, and I didn't hear from her until--
  Tuesday my uncle died.
 Wednesday was halloween. I took the day off to CLEAN
and unpack a little. Only had thirty trick-or-treaters
come by, but it was snowing...
  Thursday my HEPA filter, on liquify since Sunday
morning, started to make chugging sounds and blow
dust.
 Friday I finally got in touch with the new mom,
everyone is fine, they named this one _Jesse_.
  Saturday I went to Boston.   The audience was a
little farther back from the stage than in Motreal,
but I had a fair view of the whole stage (rather than
just Pete's back fillings)  I did notice that Rob's
nifty automatic swing-away microphone is actually
manual-  a little hand came out from behind the stack
of sound equipment beside the drum kit & turned the
stand.
   Peter mentioned the chocolate wheel, and said maybe
they should bring it back on the next tour.  I'm
holding my breath.
 After the show I got to stand next to Bones while
Nina enthused at him....  And learned that I am plenty
capable of going all awe-stricken and mute.
 Through the magic of that little phrase:
"can-I-have-your-autograph?" I actually did speak to
Jim and Rob...  And I made them sign paint samples.
Why not?  They both looked a little doubtful- I think
Jim thought I was trying to read his aura or
something... He picked (with his eyes closed) blue-
one of the three colors that I was considering for the
room that my sister refers to as 'the music room'
(Maybe he's psychic :)
  Rob managed to choose the only color that I was
absolutely certain about. (Ah, but it goes in the most
important room in the house- the kitchen.)
  And THEN, on my way home I got a little bit lost,
and stopped for caffeine at a Dunkin Donuts somewhere
in the middle of New Hampshire.  Eddie the donut guy
was rather chatty and asked me where I'd been and who
I'd gone to see-- When I said Midnight Oil I thought
he was either going to have a heart attack or burst
into tears.  So that's another vote for the small-town
venues in the spring.
 And Sunday I pulled up carpets.  The wood floors are
not that bad- a little minor plumbing, a few
investigative forrays into the wiring, a lock on the
back door, and I'll be ready to move my computer. And
then you won't have to read these long pointless
rambling posts.
  Maybe by the next tour I'll be ready to pick out
wallpaper, or linoleum...

-Jess