Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] NMOC: B-sides [an old post]

LLOYD_Ian@canon.com.au LLOYD_Ian@canon.com.au
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 15:12:28 +1100

On the Oz Rock theme!
Has anybody heard of or know where i could get a copy of an EP by 'D-Minor & the Dischords' they had
a song called Gallipoli and did a great version of 'Wipeout'?

IAN LLOYD - National Sales Admin. Team Leader
CANON - Business Imaging Solutions Group
Level 2, 1 Thomas Holt Drive, North Ryde 2113
PH: (02) 9805 2384
FAX: 1800 352227
E-MAIL: lloyd_ian@canon.com.au

                    "Tari, Vince"
                    <fstariv1@NMHG.com>            To:     "'Goddard, Darren'" <daz@isr.gov.au>,
                    Sent by:                       Oyals <powderworks@cs.colorado.edu>
                    powderworks-admin@cs.co        cc:
                    lorado.edu                     Subject:     RE: [Powderworks] NMOC: B-sides [an
                                                   old post]

                    08/11/2001 14:39

Dazza wrote  >
> As another note the Poor Boys went on to shorten their names
> to the Poor
> because of problems with a band in the US or UK that had the
> same moniker
> and one of the members of the band (the drummer I think) is a
> brother to
> Angus and Malcolm Young (AC/DC fame).

And who could forget their timeless pub rock anthem "More wine, waiter
please"

I know i almost have.

> Cheers
>
> Dazza
>
> Speaking of 80's Oz Rock, what ever happened to the Electric
> Pandas (I'd
> still like to meet the girl that sung for those guys ;-))

That'd be Lynn Buckfield. She's pretty cluey and fairly high up in the
current affairs production dept at ABC TV.

Vince