Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] NMOC: B-sides/the poor

Goddard, Darren daz@isr.gov.au
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 15:06:44 +1100

No if's about it Peter ;-) one of them is a Young and I think that Vander
and Young (another AC/DC link - the pair from the Easybeats) had something
to do with the management of the Poor Boys.  And don't get me wrong, when
you're a support band a gigs a gig ;-), and the Poor (Boys) never rocked my
world but we did support them.  Actually Judge Mercy were just as bad, this
was around the time that Roxus and D'Mont were unfortunatley making an
impression on the Oz rock charts as well (Go Juno), and then Chocolate
Starfish (before Mr Durst started playing with his)came along not long
after, the best of a bad bunch of bands of that time were probably Pearls
and Swine ;-).

Cheers

Dazza

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Horbury [mailto:phwruvic@vicnet.net.au]
Sent: Thursday, 8 November 2001 2:48 PM
To: 'Goddard, Darren'; 'Oyals'
Subject: RE: [Powderworks] NMOC: B-sides/the poor

I once saw "the Poor". If they were related to AC/DC it was only in hair
length. Their name said it all. They were AWFUL.  It was at the
appropriately named "Barbed Wire Ball" at the Palace with the Screaming
Jets & aforementioned Angels.

I do have the old Angels single amongst my Oz 7" still packaged up since
I last moved. If I remember I might have a look just now that it's been
brought up.