Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Re: Dispassionate Rants, Passionate Songs

Serandipitey@aol.com Serandipitey@aol.com
Mon, 5 Nov 2001 19:24:19 EST

--part1_ce.1ce789e9.291887b3_boundary

>>Why is Pete so on the media line on this tour.  Anyone else disappointed?
 >He said one statement to the effect that we need to all back up our
 >governments decisions or something.  It sounded like some homogenous, inbred
 >fascist bile.

I don't really know what he's been saying, but the band may be testing the
mood of Americans a little bit at this point. It is a pretty explosive topic,
after all.
Peter seemed pretty relaxed when I went to see the band. (in Canada, where
the mood is much lighter) He took a bit of a shot at Bush ("we have to cross,
the U.S., George Bush and Anthrax nonwithstanding") and mentioned something
about "whatever silly responses people may make," possibly alluding to the
invasion of Afghanistan.
Just some random thoughts....

Varina

--part1_ce.1ce789e9.291887b3_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>&gt;&gt;Why is Pete so on the media line on this tour. &nbsp;Anyone else disappointed?
<BR> &gt;He said one statement to the effect that we need to all back up our
<BR> &gt;governments decisions or something. &nbsp;It sounded like some homogenous, inbred
<BR> &gt;fascist bile.
<BR>
<BR>I don't really know what he's been saying, but the band may be testing the mood of Americans a little bit at this point. It is a pretty explosive topic, after all.
<BR>Peter seemed pretty relaxed when I went to see the band. (in Canada, where the mood is much lighter) He took a bit of a shot at Bush ("we have to cross, the U.S., George Bush and Anthrax nonwithstanding") and mentioned something about "whatever silly responses people may make," possibly alluding to the invasion of Afghanistan.
<BR>Just some random thoughts....
<BR>
<BR>Varina</FONT></HTML>

--part1_ce.1ce789e9.291887b3_boundary--