Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Boston Set List

Glitch sena.reisenweaver@verizon.net
Sun, 04 Nov 2001 12:39:55 -0500

I too got a setlist (thanks Jess!) and it was printed up as Brandon has
posted.  The ones missing off the setlist, as I remember, were In the
Valley, Sometimes, Read About It - all in the encores I believe.  Tone Poem
is listed on the setlist but to be honest if they played it after Hercules I
don't think I caught it.  I think after Hercules they departed from the
written setlist and did encores and such.
It was a truly awesome show - I was right at center stage so could see all
the guys equally.  Martin was really jammin and having a great time I
thought - more animated than I expected him to be - whereas Jim barely broke
a sweat all night.  For a guy who wrote such a furious political anthem as
'Say Your Prayers' (which went OFF!!!) he seemed to be pretty subdued.  More
power to him!  The other three were very active and sweating bucketloads.  I
swear I don't know where they get their energy!!!!  Most memorable of the
night for me were Warburton (somehow missed that on previous setlists and it
totally blew me away live), Prayers, Short Memory (holy sh*t!) and Hercules.
It was nice to meet some workers - Jeff (again), Nina, Jess, Justin, Chris,
Kevin, Anthony...hope I didn't forget anyone.  After the show we hung around
the bus for awhile and after some confusion about which bus they would be
heading for (there were two) I had brief words with Jim and Rob.  I also was
standing there when Nina was talking to Bones - I didn't actually say
anything to him tho' - and apparently my husband Jon got to personally thank
Peter although when I saw him he was in quite a hurry to get to the bus and
was fending off some dumb lady who was trying to give him some propaganda
about the environment.  She was so persistent she actually was jumping up
and down and waving at the bus driver as the bus pulled away from the curb.
Get a life.  I did overhear Peter give her his e-mail address which may be
of interest to some people provided I heard right: oils@ozemail.net.  I
believe that's what he said - basically, "I'm on tour, I won't have time to
read what you give me, so why don't you send me an e-mail."
When I talked to the guys I just thanked them for coming to the states again
and they seemed to appreciate that, saying they were having a great time and
were glad to be back.
Now I'm back home with an amazing memory seared into my brain. I know it
will stay with me forever but that doesn't mean I don't want to see your
pictures Balki!
Oh, and when I was talking to Jim he said something about coming back next
year so... SEE YOU ALL THEN!!!!!!!!
--Glitch