Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Detroit Show

Bawolski@aol.com Bawolski@aol.com
Thu, 1 Nov 2001 00:37:40 EST

--part1_2b.1d8b5aed.291239a4_boundary

In a message dated 10/29/2001 4:35:14 AM Pacific Standard Time,
JamesSorensen@eaton.com writes:

> The crowd seemed pretty sedated,
> and a lot of the people standing up front with us, just stood there.  I
> tried to make up for them.
>
> I caught a drumstick after the first encore, despite the fact that I had to
> keep some big oaf off my back.  Skill at waterpolo comes in handy sometimes.

This is something I can't figure out.  Apparently the band played more than
one
encore - you don't say for sure James but you mention the "first" encore.
Even
though, as you say, the crowd was pretty sedated.  At the shows I went to the
crowds were anything but sedated, but we only got one encore.  I always
thought
the more enthusiastic crowds tended to get the band to come back more than the
quiet ones.  Maybe not.
Mike

--part1_2b.1d8b5aed.291239a4_boundary