Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] buon natale

Jeff McLean jeffmof@replicant.apana.org.au
Tue, 25 Dec 2001 23:54:59 +1100

g'day all,

as i sit here, listening to the trailing tracks (in fact the haunting
title track) of abba's arrival album, i am all overcome with a sense of
joy.  not because of christmas, or season's cheer, or any of that other
stuff, but because that friggen great tune called River Runs Red, has
totally dominated my headspace for the day, nudging out tired christmas
carols (lovely as they are) and even the highly contagious abba in the
last few minutes.  i am just getting into playing my guitar over the
last few weeks and have learned the finger picking to RRR and my
pleasure is almost rancid given its stage of development!

so, just letting you in on that little piece of throwaway bs, and really
wishing you all the best - as has previously been mentioned, we may war
like spotty, four year old cousins that have drunk too much red cordial,
but that hasn't stopped us having all sorts of fun and mischief in the
net neighbourhood...

happy christmas all and God bless...

jeff